Awesome

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Doing the Right Things

Success is simple, do what's right, the right way at the right time.

While at our work or our family and community life, there are always circumstances that make us tremble and trouble our good attitude.

We enjoy having fun with friends and we try to have some spare time for the family, specially if we are raising one.

Every day situations put on us a test to everything what we believe or perform.

And talking with a new friend I met in this conference, he explained me how he could overcome all his difficulties and problems until he made it big.
My friend's name is Jorge, he is a TV producer and as everyone who has started a new business without too much knowledge, Jorge as a new immigrant in the United States started by accident.
He just bought a Video Camera and his friend started to ask him to video tape, life's events: baptisms, quinceaneras, birthday parties, etc.

He managed to learn how to edit videos himself and suddenly, Jorge had a part time business that was more profitable during the spring, summer and fall seasons; since people never plan to celebrate in winter.

His clientele grew more and more and he got contracts to create commercials and he got the chance to produce for one of the main Latino TV networks. And with his own words he says: Success is like a recipe: to do the right thing the right way at the right time.

How many time did you fail? -I asked- A lot -he replied- since I didn't have enough instruction it was
harder for me I wish I had had a mentor or somebody who taught me about my job. But I used the lack of a mentor on my advantage.

How ? - I asked him- Well, I was eager to learn every single new thing and since I knew I only had one way to learn and it was error and failure I tried to make the less mistakes a could do.
In the beginning there were a lot of mistakes but once I knew those were mistakes, I corrected them and then I faced new ones but not the same as he grew up he acquire experiences that enriched his professional life.

Now Jorge is well known in the Capital of The United States of America as well as in Washington DC and Maryland. A three state metropolis vibrant and growing.

He is one example or courage and persistence.
As he ended this conversation he just told me he had to go back to work. Some type of new venture that includes Internet TV.

I never stop, he says, and since I had to learn everything from scratch, I like to dedicate my full attention to what I have to do in order to do it the right way at the right time.


Ivan Caballero

1 comment:

Alan Wade said...

In order to watch their favorite programs on Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, ABC, the best solution is to buy a US VPN connection.